Unit 1.1 Reading Comprehension
Read the text and tick (✓) the correct answer.
- The text is about
- The Battles of Islam
- The family of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W
- The Migration and teaching of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W ✓
- The Last Pilgrimage
2. Which of the following message is mentioned in the last Sermon, as given in the text
- People should not hurt others
- Both men and women have rights over each other
- Muslims are a part of one brotherhood.
- All of the above ✓
Exercise 2 and 3
|Ancestor||Forefather||My ancestors came to Pakistan in 1947.|
|Prohibited||Banned||Drinking alcohol is prohibited in Islam|
|Beware||Be alert to risk or danger||Beware of dishonest traders in The tourist areas.|
|Meritocracy||Giving award and position to people according to their capability and performance||The school honours club was meritocracy where the leaders were chosen on their achievements.|
|Migrate||Relocate / Move||He migrates from Karachi to Islamabad during each winter.|
|Alliance||Union||Germany made an alliance with Italy.|
|Superiority||Supremacy||An Arab has no superiority over non Arab.|
|Principle||Preposition/ Concept||He was a man of principle and good to his word.|
|Aggressive||Likely to attack||He has a very aggressive nature.|
|Unified||Make or become united||The couple made a unified decision to buy a house.|
|Piety||Devotion / Obedience||Mr Khan’s genuine piety was well known.|
|Hypocrites||Person pretend to have virtue||He is such a hypocrite he never practices what he preaches.|
|Consolidated||Make something physically stronger||The two companies consolidated for great efficiency.|
|Legitimate||Legal / Lawful||He had a legitimate reason for being late.|
|Pagans||A person who worship many gods||Pagans are people who worship many gods and goddesses.|
|Astray||Away from the correct path||Better to ask the way than go astray.|
|Equitable||Fair / Impartial||We need a more equitable tax system.|
|Harmony||Balance||The couple lives in perfect harmony|
Read the text and answer the following questions by circling the right answer.
1. How did the Quraish treat the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) They?
a. favoured him.
b. opposed him.
c. loved him.
d. criticized him.
2. When did the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) migrate to Madina?
a. 620 A.D.
b. 621 A.D.
c. 622 A.D.
d. 623 A.D.
3. When the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) settled in Madina, which of the following groups of people lived there?
a. Muslims and Jews
b. Muslims, pagans and Jews
c. Muslims, pagans, hypocrites and Jews
d. Muslims, hypocrites and Jews
4. Where did the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) deliver his last sermon?
a. Quba mosque
b. Uranah valley
c. Jabal-e- Rehmat
5. When did the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) perform his last Hajj?
a. 06th year of Hijra
b. 08th year of Hijra
c. 10th year of Hijra
d. 12′ year of Hijra
Read the text and find out whether the statements are right or wrong. Tick the appropriate column. One has been done for you as an example.
|1.||The mission of the Prophet (S.A.W) continued for 23 years.||✓|
|2.||All the Quraish refused to accept Islam.||✓|
|3.||The City of Yathrib was less than 320 miles away from Makkah.||✓|
|4.||The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) decided to build a mosque at a place outside Yathrib before entering the city.||✓|
|5.||Today, Yathrib is called Madinat an-Nabi.||✓|
|6.||The people of Madina agreed that Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) should settle their disputes.||✓|
|7.||The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) addressed such a large gathering of Muslims for the last time at Arafat.||✓|
|8.||Islam has different laws for the black and for the white people.||✓|
|9.||All human beings are children of Adam and Adam was created from dust||✓|
|10.||Only the people who heard the last sermon were supposed to follow it.||✓|
The table on next page has messages from the Last Sermon of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W). The first part of the sentence is given in column A and the second part is given in column B, in a jumbled order. Read the text, match the part in column A with the correct part in column B and write the answer in column C. The first one has been done for you as an example
|No.||Column A||Column B||C.|
|1.||Only those people were superior||a) to the people to whom they belong.||1. f|
|2.||All Muslims were tied to each other||b) that were based on blood and wealth were useless.||2. g|
|3.||The only thing that made one person better than the other||c) you may get hurt in return||3. j|
|4.||No Muslim had a right to things belonging to other Muslims||d) have rights over each other.||4. i|
|5.||Satan will try to misguide you in small matters||e) as a sacred trust.||5. h|
|6.||Therefore, all claims to superiority||f) who led a righteous life.||6.b|
|7.||Return all things kept with you in trust||g) in the bond of brotherhood.||7. a|
|8.||Both men and women||h) so be careful.||8. d|
|9.||If you will hurt others||i) unless they gave these of their own free will.||9. c|
|10.||Consider the life and property of every Muslim||j) was the goodness with which they led their lives.||10. e|
Work in pairs and complete the following statements. Write the complete sentences in your notebook.
1. Most of the Quraish refused to accept Islam because they thought that the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) was against their gods and their ancestor
2. The day the Prophet Muhammad entered Yathrib, marks the start of Islamic Calender
3. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) invited the leaders of all the communities living in Madina to discuss this matter ( matter of peace and harmony of Madina )
4. The three main points of the Charter of Madina were To maintain peace and security of Madina , Freedom of religion was given, Rights & duties were prescribed for muslims and jews
5. In order to strengthen the position of the Muslims in Madina, the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) took three major steps, which were he unified all arab tribes, he carried out social & religious reform, Administrative development
6. The farewell pilgrimage of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) is an important event for the Muslims because it was the first and last pligrimage made by Holy Prophet
7. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) asked the people in the gathering to listen carefully as they could inform the message those who were not present there
8. The Muslims can ensure that all people get their fair share by honesty, justice and meritocracy
For notes on Physics Class 10th (Sindh Board of Education) Click Here
You can also visit our YouTube channel for lectures on Matric class and I.COM (Sindh board of Education Jamshoro) subjects.